On Wednesday 9th January 2019, Dr Mani Naghibi, Consultant Gastroenterologist at St Marks and Northwick Park Hospitals, will present a CPD webinar on ‘Probiotics and gastrointestinal disorders – Dispelling the myths’.
The gut microbiome is undergoing intense medical research currently, with consistent discoveries of links between the microbiome and diseases of the gut, but it is a topic surrounded by many myths. We will dispel these myths by review the evidence for irritable bowel disease, antibiotic related diarrhoea, antibiotic related C. Diff and H.Pylori eradication.
Expected Topics Covered
- Prebiotics, probiotics and synbiotics – terminology explored
- Evidence for changing microbiome in modern western life
- How influencing the microbiome can effect health and disease
- Evidence showing link between microbiome and IBS symptoms
- The place of probiotics in treatment algorithm of IBS, especially diarrhoea symptoms
- Mounting evidence for reduced antibiotic related diarrhoea when probiotics used
- Review of NICE Clinical Knowledge Summaries for use of probiotics in reducing antibiotic related C. Diff
- Improved H.Pylori eradication and side effect of triple therapy
About the Speaker: Dr Mani Naghibi
Mani is a Gastroenterologist with a sub-speciality interest in human nutrition working at St Marks and Northwick Park Hospitals. His research interests are in the field of nutrition, cancer and quality of life.
How do I register?
The link to register will appear at the top of this page in a green box called “tickets”.
Joining the webinar
When you register for this webinar you will be emailed a unique set of login details.